Wednesday 19 October 2011

Style vs Trends

Do you dress for style or trends? Or a mixture of both?

I like to think that I dress for style with a sprinkling of trend driven stuff thrown in for good measure.

I'm a big believer in dressing for your shape and wearing clothes that fit you properly, rather than wearing the latest and greatest colour/skirt/top/pant etc just because its 'in'.

I love looking at street style blogs for fashion inspiration. Here are a few of my faves:

Vanessa Jackman is an Australian photographer and has a keen eye for style. She often photographs at all of the big fashion shows.

via Vanessa Jackman


Lucy Laucht is a British girl who has lived in Brisbane, and now lives in New York. She has the most awesome sense of style and is great at mixing high street fashion with vintage finds and designer goodies. p.s. and she owns that awesome Mulberry bag that I so covet! Jealous!

via Lucy Laucht


Dear Golden  (Lauren) has THE most amazing vintage style. She almost never ever buys anything new, and she always looks great. Her outfit posts are few and far between, but she hand picks all of the vintage items that you can buy in her etsy store and these items are often in her wardrobe for a while first before she sells them, so you know they're going to be good. My sister J loves this vintage etsy store and has bought a smattering of lovely vintage items from here.

via Dear Golden


And here are a few images that are inspiring me right now:

All images via Pinterest
Do you like to dress for style or for trend? Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

C xo

1 comment:

  1. Definitely style for me. I know what suits me and I don't blindly follow what is 'in'.

    However, sometimes trends can become so widespread I try them and add them to my style. I live in skinny jeans these days for example & I never wore them when they first came out.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo