Tuesday 11 October 2011

The fashion pack comes to the 'burbs

So, Little Miss L and I rocked up at Westfield Garden City this morning for our weekly dose of 'Babies Books and Rhymes' at the library, only to find a packed car park and a glossy white stage set up in centre court... It was then that I realised that stylist extraordinaire Gok Wan was appearing live today. Excited much? You bet.

We sang our nursery rhymes to a packed house (so many babies - Little Miss L loved it - big smiles all round), and then we headed to the Shingle Inn for milk, coffee and a choc raspberry muffin.

Much needed soy latte & choc raspberry muffin

Outfit shot
Little Miss L wore the colour of the season - orange - in an ensemble from Target (she is bang on trend that girl although kept being mistaken for a boy - seriously, there's flowers on her outfit!), and I wore my pink roses Timeless by Vannessa Tong dress.

And then we went to centre stage and waited. And waited. And waited. Well, we only waited about 45 minutes, but that seems like an eternity when you've got an impatient 8 month old. She eventually fell asleep in the pram. And then Gok arrived to loud cheers, applause and thumping music and woke Little Miss L up. D'oh!

With babe in arms I avoided the rude shoppers who kept pushing in front of me (seriously, they were so rude) and watched Gok. He was funny and entertaining, but kept reminding us that he was gay. Ok, we get it. You're gay. Just show us your makeover skills! But I missed these. Little Miss L got bored, so we left.

A good mix of people and styles in the crowd

Gok Wan wooing the crowd


It was fun checking out the crowd... There were your typical suburban Mum's, Grandmas, teenagers, middle aged women, the fashion-fashion girls and the gay boys. I scored some Dove samples and Schick discount vouchers. All in all, a fun outing for this Mum and her bub.

C xo

2 comments:

  1. How annoying to wait all that time and not see him. Having a 9 month old myself I understand why you would have had to leave though.

    I hated how people would always assume my girls were boys when they were babies- they could be wearing hot pink, didn't matter at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Looks like a fun little outing for you and Miss L! Excellent choice of outfit too (I love that dress/print - still bummed they didn't have it in my size!).

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo