Monday 10 October 2011

3 hours of bliss

3 hours. To ourselves. Without baby. It was bliss. Here's a recap on the night - the outfits, the food, the arguments haha.

I wore this:




Dress: Leona Edmiston
Brooch to hold together dress so as not to flash the waiter: Mimco
Shoes: Martinez Valero
Earrings: My vintage style chandelier earrings worn on my wedding day. Can't quite remember wear I got them!
Clutch (lying on messy bed): Leona Edmiston

Mr B wore Ben Sherman shirt and Levi (I think) jeans



We arrived at the restaurant (Alchemy) around 7:30pm and hit the bar for a drink. As decided in the car, Mr B was to be the designated driver, so I could drink to my hearts content (which means having about 2 drinks. I am such a cadbury).

I ordered a Lychee Lust cocktail and Mr B went for a Peroni Leggera. Then we went to our table. We had an excellent view of the Story Bridge.



We ordered our entree and mains. I got the scallops for entree and lamb for main. Both excellent, especially the scallops. Mr B had a beef-o-rama and ordered ribs for entree and Alchemy's signature beef cheeks for main. I would have had photos to show you, but Mr B largely protested my photo taking at dinner and jested with me that it was obvious I don't come into the city very often nor go out to fancy restaurants (he works in the city and often dines out for work related purposes). Hence the argument portion of the evening. Despite this, nearly every couple around us was either taking photos of their food or of the view. So Mr B had to pull his head in. And I took a photo of my dessert, complete with 'Happy Anniverary' written in chocolate. I resisted the urge to swipe that chocolate away with my finger. I ordered a chocolate honeycomb bar and Mr B got the souffle of caramelised apple. I even scored a glass of dessert wine compliments of the house.



Overall an excellent dining experience. Food was good. Company was even better. We had a great time making up the background story of all the other diners in the restaurant, especially the 40 something old woman dating the at least 60 something old man flashing around his money and buying expensive caviar and vodka.

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo