Wednesday 12 October 2011

The dreaded shopping

So, we all know that I love shopping, but there's a few things that I absolutely dread shopping for... togs and jeans. Uggh. Even just thinking about it makes me shudder.

When October (Buy Nothing New Month) is up, I am granting myself a leave pass to buy a pair of togs using my DJ's gift card that I have been holding on to.

When I had Little Miss L, I also had a big operation at the same time which left me with a large unsightly scar running vertically up my tummy. So my numerous bikinis and tankinis are no longer a valid swimwear choice, hence the need to hit the shops and do that one piece swimwear shopping that I so dread.

I have started doing a bit of browsing online to see what's around. I want a style that is classic but a little bit sexy; flattering and able to magically transform me into Miranda Kerr (haha). At first I thought I'd go for a black pair of togs, but these are really catching my eye:


Jets 50's style halter in indigo and white

Seafolly one piece with ruching and optional straps

Jets spot boy leg one piece

I like them all for their tummy hiding capabilities (patterns, ruching, etc). I love the spotty ones but I am such a shorty, I think the boy leg would only make me look shorter.

Which ones do you like?

C xo

4 comments:

  1. They're all nice & I agree with you about hating shopping for them.

    Unfortunately until I stop breastfeeding am not going to get any new ones (which I need) as the top half will change dramatically once am done (from experience). So don't want to waste a couple of hundred dollars for something that won't fit for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really need to ask what my preference is?!?!? Polka dots, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the middle one with the ruching. But maybe that's thinking about them more for me, than for you.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have number three from last season! With stripes instead of spots. They fit really well and the fabric is great. I love number one too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo