Monday 28 November 2011

Shopping Ban Update: Nearly 3 Months! (p.s. apparently I have 'once again' contravened the rules)

I'm nearly at the half way mark. 5th December will mark 3 months since I started my Shopping Ban road to glory... I'm only a week away... but Mr B claims I have contravened the rules of my shopping ban with this purchase:

Behold the Straw Hat


Yep, that's right. This little straw hat with the pretty pink ribbon that cost only a measly $12.95 from Trade Secret is the subject of such contravention. My argument is that I needed a hat for summer as we are going to be spending our summer holidays at the beach. My existing white ribbon Gregory Ladner hat from David offers excellent sun protection, but leaves an ugly imprint on my head when I take it off. He argued that the hat was not a need, but a want and does not offer sufficient sun protection, thus contravening Rule #3 of the Shopping Ban - I only must buy things that I actually NEED.

Hmmpph. He could be right, but it was only $12.95 so I'm moving on people.

In other Shopping Ban related news, look at these superior high end designer items that are heavily discounted on The Outnet. Totally. Obsessed. Thanks to one Faux Fuchsia. I have had these items sitting in my virtual shopping bag all weekend.......

Vanessa Bruno dress
M Missoni top

Willow dress
I have been trying over and over in my head to justify their purchase, but I can't. I just can't. Well, at least not while I'm on the shopping ban, but if I wasn't - The Vanessa Bruno dress would be perfect for a spring/summer wedding, the Missoni top could be worn with denim cut offs, jeans, black pants, white skirt, it could be transeasonal also, and the Willow dress looks so comfortable and effortlessly cool, plus it would hide all of my lumps and bumps. I think I would wear these items for years to come... alas they cannot be mine.

Damn Shopping Ban.

C xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the Willow dress in particular. I am contemplating a ban on anything not op shopped (op shopping doesn't count) as I am finding too many things i like out there. I may try just now between Xmas and see how I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it Aneets! It will definitely be good for you. Plus I will love knowing that other people out there aren't shopping as well :) I'm so devasted about missing the boxing day sales. Lucky I'll be in a remote beach town for Christmas where the only shop is a small convenience store that also sells petrol, bait and fish and chips!!! And you're right, op shopping doesn't count, but Mr B thinks otherwise...

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo