Wednesday 2 November 2011

Cupcake vs Muffin

My husband and I have had the cupcake vs muffin argument for years. Which is better? He argues that cupcakes are better because they have all the yummy stuff on top, and I (although I do love cupcakes) argue that muffins are just as good because they have all the yummy stuff throughout the cake.

Either way, you can't go wrong. They are both good in my opinion.

I made these blueberry muffins to take to a friends house last week. They went down a treat!



Recipe:

2 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
100g butter melted
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries (or any other berries or 1/2 cup choc chips or apple or nuts or cinnamon or whatever you please!)

Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Line a 12 cup capacity muffin tin with muffin papers (or just grease the tin if you don't want to use papers)
Mix all of the dry ingredients (and berries or choc chips or apple and mixed spice etc) in a large bowl
Whisk together the butter, egg and milk in a separate bowl and then add to dry ingredients
Stir until just combined
Spoon evenly between the 12 cups and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown on top
Cool in pan for 5 minutes

C xo

1 comment:

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo