Monday 21 November 2011

Friday arvo and weekend happenings

All day Friday I spent checking my emails... constantly... waiting to hear back from the HR lady at my work re: next year. She told me on Thursday that she'd be sending through an email on Friday and then following me up with a phone call to talk through some things. But at 2:45pm when I STILL hadn't heard anything, I decided that Little Miss L and I couldn't sit around the house all day. So off we went to the nice, cool, air-conditioned shops. There, we wandered into Big W as I needed to buy a watering can and some Christmas cards and we also checked out the Christmas decorations.

I try and buy only one new ornament for the tree a year, but Big W had too many cute decorations to pass up. Plus I wanted to get Little Miss L a 'First Christmas 2011' themed ornament as well. I have been eyeing off an expensive Wedgwood one at David, and while it was so nice, it was also way out of the budget at $50.

So, for the bargain price of $33, we got all of this:


Baby's first Christmas shoe ornament, Babushka doll ornament, World Globe ornament, multi-coloured Merry Christmas garland, pack of 24 blank cards, tin of Danish butter cookies (Mr B's favourite), and a 2 pack of Blu-stik. Score! We then went to K-Mart and got a 9L watering can for $6. Another bargain.

And the stupid HR lady didn't email OR call me, so I'm glad we went out instead of hanging around at home waiting for her. Grrr.

On Saturday we headed off to the markets. We got heaps of fruit and vegies, some yummy decadent slices for morning tea, and a bunch of the most sweet smelling peonies. None of the lighter pink were left, so we got these fuchsia pink ones. One bunch was $12.50, and two bunches were $20, so Mum got a bunch too and we payed $10 each. Another bargain!



Sunday we headed out for coffee with my Mum and brother at Lady Marmalade in Stones Corner. The cafe was totally cute and eclectic. There was a bit of a confusing moment when the barista asked me my table number/mascot... They have cute little figurines as the table 'numbers' which I didn't realise... ours was a lorikeet. The coffee was good and reasonably priced. There were some yummy looking slices and cakes, but I didn't indulge.

Mum, Little Miss L and I went for a stroll up Logan Road to look at all of the shops... It was quite depressing. What used to be a vibrant street filled with a variety of discount and outlet shops is now practically empty with only a few dodgy shoe shops and dollar shops occupying the area. There were however a couple of diamonds amongst the rough. Miss Savage, Pash and Jorj Clothing are small boutiques that have a great selection of clothing, shoes and accessories. I will definitely have to keep them in mind once the shopping ban is over!

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo