Tuesday 22 November 2011

Party Dresses

Its coming into that time of year - party season - work Christmas parties, child care / mums group break up parties, dinner parties, bar-b-ques, Christmas day celebrations, etc and the age old question crops up... what am I going to wear??!!!

This is my first year in 8 years that I haven't had to worry about finding an outfit to wear to my work Christmas party. I know the feeling well though. You want a prettynice and flattering, but something that differs from your usual Monday to Friday work wear get up.

So I thought I'd put together a bit of a party dress inspiration board to help you make that outfit shopping a little bit easier. These are the three dress types that I'm loving sick right now. The maxi, the white dress and the print dress.

First off, the maxi dress. Easy to wear and can be dressed up for a night time party with some platform heels or wedges, or it can be dressed down for a bbq with sandals.

1. Portmans cobalt blue animal print maxi 99.95 2. Liz Jordan (available at Noni B) beaded dress $149.95 3. Portmans botanical print dress $129.95

Secondly, the LWD (or little white dress). Also very summery and trending right now.

1. Keepsake In My Memory dress $129.95 (available at Freez) 2. Living Doll Daisy dress $89.95 3. Forever New Claudia cotton sundress $99.95

And last but not least, the print dress. My absolute fave. Fun and playful, cute and girly.

1. Elise polka dot dress $199.95 available at Birdsnest 2. Leona Edmiston Katrina tropical dress $195 3. Gorman chevron stripe dress $249

The other thing I'm loving: that you can buy ALL of these dresses online. Let me know if you want the links!

C xo

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I love that green polka dot dress so much!! Generally speaking, though, I think a white dress would be a good, versatile choice.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo