Tuesday 15 November 2011

Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I am so excited... Our first Christmas as parents. I know that Little Miss L won't remember this Christmas, but Mr B and I surely will. I can't wait.

Santa has arrived at our local Westfield. Is it wrong to make Little Miss L sit on his lap for a photo? I'm not sure how she's going to go with it, as we discovered over the weekend that she is absolutely terrified of our garden gnome. And Santa kind of looks like a bigger version of the garden gnome... red pointy hat, white beard, round tummy, etc... Hmmmm...

Anyway, I've been talking about setting up the tree for a while now, but I can't bring myself to put it up before December. Mr B was suggesting that we don't put it up at all this year as we're going to be away for the week over Christmas. Ummm, I think not Mr B! We have to have the tree up every year! He then proclaimed that I will need to be in charge of putting the tree up and down. Fine. Whatever (you'll cave and help me).

I've also been looking for some cute diy tree ornaments and decorations... My Mum's tree has a great selection of diy decorations - some that she made and some that my brother and sisters and myself made at primary school. I just love it and I want my tree to be exactly the same.  I found this pic on Pinterest that I love.


But I've never felted wool before and you know, time and the lack of it, that's a big factor also... And then I stumbled across this cute website: Lark and I found this cute as a button garland... Its so sweet and I want it so so bad!


But we're on a budget so I might just have to whip up a few of these instead... I have all the materials already!


Have you ever made any Christmas decorations?

C xo

1 comment:

  1. Love, I know how to felt wool. But I reckon you could easily find felted balls like that or something similar at Spotty or at an arts and crafts store.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo