Thursday 1 December 2011

Operation Christmas Decorating

Christmas decorating fever is rife in our household today. The first day of December. Can you believe it? Where has this year gone?

As soon as Little Miss L went down for her morning nap, I commenced Operation Christmas Decorating around the house. I sipped on much needed coffee, and munched on sweet little butter cookies. I wore denim cut offs and a white and grey/silver top gifted to me from an old work mate. Its from Katies.


I ventured down into our garage to get the Christmas tree and decorations, and got the fright of my life when I saw a MASSIVE lizard down there. Seriously, it is so huge. And its not a frill neck or a blue tongue. I have no idea what it is, but its massive and it freaked me out, although it seemed equally scared of me and ran away. Thank goodness.


So, up went the tree. I busily fanned out every little branch. Then on went the fairy lights. We have the plain ones and coloured ones, but this year I opted for the plain ones.





And then I added wispy bits of tinsel stuff, and then the decorations. I realised that we don't have many decorations at all. Must buy more, and make some.

Little Miss L was in awe of the tree.



Up went the paper star wreath on the front door that I lovingly hand made last year.


And out came the festive themed table cloth and table runner. I filled my Georg Jensen vase with a silver beaded garland whatsie and popped these glittery red stick thingy's in it. Its looking a bit 'antler' like at the moment - I need to fill it up with more glittery stick thingy's.


I love this felt table runner. Its bright green and I picked it up for a steal at the dollar store last year. Seriously people, the dollar store is your friend for Christmas themed decorating supplies.


Up went the 'Merry Christmas' garland over our french doors leading to the back deck.

 

And there you have it! Decorating done! Now we get to sit back and enjoy it all.

Did you action your Christmas decorating today?

C xo

1 comment:

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo