Tuesday 13 December 2011

Vintage Modern

Ever since I switched over to the new, modern Blogger format I've been forgetting to post a title to my blogs of late... Annoying. Sorry readers. I promise to be more diligent with this.

So, does anyone know where all the good vintage stores in Brisbane are? I don't mind me a good second hand (modern) bargain (like today, I bought a Country Road dress for $7.95 at Endeavour Foundation (aparently guilt free shopping) in Capalaba. Shhhh don't tell Mr B)... but where are all the actual vintage clothes? The ones from the 50's and 60's and 70's? I do like to frequent the Vintage Fashion Fair, however it only happens in Brisbane twice a year. It's a little bit expensive, but the sellers scour the world for beautiful vintage clothing so I guess you're paying for that.. Last time I scored a gorgeous apricot pink dress that was made in Paris. I also find Etsy good for vintage as well.

In other news, I stumbled upon this video today via Zoe Foster on Twitter (@zotheysay). So freakin' funny.


C xo

1 comment:

  1. That lik was on The Hairpin this morning too - hilarious!!! As for actual vintage clothes, I think you just need to be patient and keep sifting through things that were thrown out for a good reason until you find something half decent. Or there used to be an overpriced vintage clothing store in Woolloongabba :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo