Thursday 8 December 2011

Urgent Dating Advice Required ASAP (not for me, obviously)

Gorgeous artwork by Rachel Castle


So, I was speaking to my bestie today. She has just started online dating, and so far she has met with three guys. The first two were duds and she promptly moved on after the first meet up with them knowing that there would be somebody better for her out there. The third guy has absolutely blown her away. She has used the following statements numerous times: "I think I really like him" and "I've never felt like this before". Yep, its serious.

But get this, she's only been on six dates with him. Yep, six. AND he's 11 years older than her. 41. 41! But a good 41 at that. I've seen a photo. I want to know his secret. Seriously.

Anyway, I turn to you dear blog readers, as we need some advice. He is whisking her away to Noosa for the weekend, which is his home town. They are staying in his apartment away from his family, but he has organised for a meet up with his... (wait for it)... MOTHER. After SIX dates. Six! Is that too soon? We feel like its too soon! Six dates. 3 weeks. Meeting his Mum. Is he breezing through the dating process because he's 41? Because he wants needs to settle down? Or is it purely just so she can meet someone in his life that is important to him and we're just making a big deal about nothing? Or are we just totally out of the dating loop at the moment?

Mr B and I had been together a couple of months before I met the parentals. I feel like we had enough time together to find our groove and realise that this was something serious and we could take that next step of meeting the family.

Three weeks just seems too soon. But maybe its a good thing too because it shows that he's serious about her?

What should my bestie do? Can she say to him that she feels things are moving too fast? Will that ruin the relationship potential? Or should she just go with the flow?

Help!

C xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I think that sometimes you just know when someone is right for you, so if it feels right, I think she should go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. You know that right?
    So I've got no advice on this matter because people shouldn't really take it from me BUT... I know a girl from down south who met the man of her dreams this year. She is 28, he's 39. Over a time period of about 6 months they had moved in together, got engaged, then bought a house, then had to postpone the wedding because the bubba is due in March. So it happens.

    She knew the first two guys were duds instantly, so why wouldn't she know that this guy is right in that same instant?

    Stop worrying, Cathy Two Shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo