Monday 12 September 2011

Weekend Visitors + Shopping Ban Update (Day 7)

We had lots of lovely visitors over the weekend. I love entertaining and especially baking for my guests. Friday night saw Mr B entertaining the boys with footy, pizza and scotch and I made a pear and apple crumble for dessert. Saturday we had plans to go to our friends K & M's place for a celebratory birthday dinner for K, but with the Antarctic winds blowing a gale on Saturday, they offered to come to ours and bring all of the food so we wouldn't have to get Little Miss L out in the cold. And Sunday saw the arrival of an awesome father and daughter combo all the way from Norway, and a cowboy from Dalby. These two boys were my best buddies at work and when I lived on the Gold Coast back in the day - we have all gone our separate ways now, but we still manage to keep in contact and when we all get back together we just pick up where we left off. Don't you love friends like that?



I baked this yummy Strawberry Summer cake that I found on Smitten Kitchen for Sunday afternoon tea. You can find the recipe here. It was so delicious - the sweetness of the cake and the tartness of the strawberries went perfectly together.

After afternoon tea we headed down to Southbank so the Little Norwegian could have a splash around - she loved it 11/10. It was so nice to be in the warm sunshine - we even got chocolate paddle pops and I had to take my cardi off - it felt like summer.

Right, I know you've all been waiting for a shopping ban update, so here it is. I have been on the shopping ban for a week so far and I have survived a few good sales and numerous trips to the shops without being tempted to buy something for myself. Ok, I lie, I have been tempted as there are so many pretty new season things out at the moment, but still, I have resisted purchasing by chanting in my head 'I must succeed on the shopping ban'.

I am starting to think more about my wardrobe and what I have in it and how I can maximise the use of the items I already own. In my dreams I own a computerised wardrobe ala Cher from Clueless, however in reality my plan is to take photos of my outfits and file them in a cute folder. I often forget about items that I own and if I can organise some photos of outfits then it might spark me to wear more of my wardrobe instead of the 20% that I wear 80% of the time.

So, all in all, a successful first week and I am very keen to continue on this no shopping journey.

C xo

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the shopping ban. it is so hard at the beginning of the season with all the gorgeous things coming into the shops.
    Cannot wait for summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know Aneets! I'm loving all of the bright colours out at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo