Thursday 8 September 2011

Eating Right

Lately I've been doing a bit of research on the blood type diet (Eat Right For Your Type) by Dr D'Adamo. Miranda Kerr is a fan, and she looks great, so I thought I'd suss it out. Off to the library I went. I picked up the book and have spent the last few days reading it while Miss L naps.

The theory behind it is interesting - Dr D'Adamo has found that different blood types react differently to certain foods and some foods are better for one blood type than another. He has also found that blood type can also affect one's personality and also what type of diseases and illnesses you are prone to. Some of the characteristics he has noted in Blood Type A (my blood type) are scarily true: sensitive to the needs of others, good listeners, detail oriented, analytical, creative and inventive

He also suggests suitable exercise for each blood type. I was happy to note that gentle exercise is best for the sensitive Type A - i.e. walking, yoga, stretches, swimming, etc.

I am so keen to give this eating plan a go to see if it makes me feel better and helps me lose weight  - but it is super hardcore and eliminates some of the things I love, including beef, some dairy (cow's milk and cheese), black tea and wheat (nooooooo! I love bread).

And it is a bit 'spensive - I spent $70 at the fruit and veg shop yesterday - yikes!

I'm going to take on board some of the recommendations - cutting out a few of the food and beverage items that aren't good for my blood type, but I don't think I could make this a full time venture!

C xo

1 comment:

  1. 38% of the Australian population are blood type A. I think eating for your blood type is a big generalization!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo