Thursday 1 September 2011

Celebrity Image vs Self Image

There's lots of hype in the news at the moment about supermodel mum's making us 'real' mum's feel bad about ourselves. In particular, there is a lot of focus on the gorgeous Miranda Kerr. Yes, she looks incredible, and as mother to 8 month old baby Flynn, that is an amazing feat, but I don't see what all the fuss is about? She is a supermodel for goodness sake. It's her job to look good. And she has people she can pay to help her with the baby while she exercises, and I'm pretty sure she has a chef as well that prepares all of her meals. I personally think all new Mum's need both a baby sitter and a chef (haha) but in all seriousness, I think the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't look at Miranda and think less of myself because I don't look like her, and I'm sure there are a number of other Mum's out there that do not want to beat themselves up because they don't look like Miranda Kerr.

Miranda has always advocated for a healthy body image and a positive sense of self. She has even written a book aimed at teenage girls and young adult women called Treasure Yourself which provides a number of her insights, thoughts and lessons to lead the reader on the path to self improvement.

via Dolly
This book is currently on my must read list. I've heard many positive things about it and I am so interested to read Miranda's advice. I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts once I have read it.

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo