Monday 16 January 2012

Things Vogue Taught Me: Part 1

Mr B bought me the gift that just keeps on giving... a 12 month Vogue subscription! I've never been one to read Vogue before - I used to religiously buy Shop Til You Drop (when it was called that, now its been shortened to Shop), and then Real Living, and now I just can't justify the cost of a magazine. They are ridiculously priced! But receiving a magazine as a gift, now that's cool.

So I thought I'd start a new 'segment' on my blog. Things Vogue Taught Me. The first installment comes from the February 2012 issue.

1. Folk Chic is 'in'. Brightly coloured, woven and embroidered fabrics are featuring on the hip and cool attending the fashion shows in Paris and Milan. I have a cute embroidered clutch I bought in Melbourne many moons ago on a shopping trip with my friend A. Look at me, i'm 'in'! I also like this one from Tree of Life 

2. 20's style glamour is the next big thing. My friend A has been telling me this for months. She is in the know. When she first told me, the latest installment of Underbelly was on which was set in the 1920's and I just couldn't bring myself to believe her - that show was hideous, especially the accents, and the costumes, well, to me they looked like costumes the actors were wearing and not like clothes the characters were wearing. Does that make sense? Anyway, Vogue does a gorgeous rendition of this trend - lots of silky fabrics, feathers, sequins and metallics. I love!!! I'm currently coveting a sequin skirt. Have no idea where I'd wear it, but I'd find somewhere.

3. I need a boxy style chunky knit sweater in my life. Now. Well, actually not now while we're in the middle of a heatwave, but when it starts to get cooler, this would be perfect, thanks! I'm loving this one from Witchery. I would wear it with jeans, and pretty floaty skirts.

4. That Kit does a gorgeous Tahitian Gardenia and Coconut Milk body lotion that is to die for! 

5. And speaking of coconuts, that the latest coconut water drinking trend is only of benefit for atheletes and those participating in vigorous and regular exercise, and us average people are best just to drink water. I've never tried coconut water but have always been interested in it. Looks like I'll have to amp up my exercise quota though!

C xo


1 comment:

  1. See! Why do people not believe me.
    (I'm excited that that 20's trend is coming through though cause that was just me forecasting it myself while laying on your couch so there was room for error in this one)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo