Friday 6 January 2012

Holiday Update #1: Christmas

In my first holiday update, I thought I'd chat a bit about Christmas. Our first family Christmas as a trio. Little Miss L's first ever Christmas...

Is it bad to say it wasn't as *big* as I thought it would be??? Yeah, it was a good day, but not as big and special and amazing as everybody said it would be with a baby. Bad Mum alert or what?!! Anyway, moving on...

We spent it at the in-laws place in Woodgate, a tiny little beach town about 40 minutes south of Bundaberg.  Little Miss L slept in until 6:20am. Merry Christmas to me and Mr B! Never mind that she went to bed at 9:30pm the night before as we had been out at dinner celebrating Mr B's 30th birthday. Oh well.



I got her changed into her little Christmas onesie. Oops! It didn't fit. I bought it at the start of December and she had already outgrown it. So, on to the next Christmas themed outfit. We all sat and watched Little Miss L open up her numerous pressies. She was enthralled with the ribbon and was mostly confused with all of the extra attention she was getting.

We ate ham and eggs on toast for brekky and fluffed around the house. Mr B and I retreated to our room to  give each other our presents. I totally scored (thanks Mr B!). Vogue Australia subscription, M Missoni top and David Jones voucher. Love! We made some salads. We waited for Mr B's brother and his wife to arrive from Ipswich. They arrived around lunch time and we quickly opened up our secret santa presents and then dived into lunch. This year we did a bbq - steaks and prawns, with cold chicken and ham, various salads and a potato bake. Yum!



The rest of the day is a bit hazy... not because of alcohol, because of the food. We ate. A lot. It was good.

In the afternoon it rained so we stayed indoors and played boardgames and watched the Kardashians wedding special (well, my sister in law J and I did anyway. We had a hankering for some bad tv).

All in all, a nice day with the in-laws, but I missed my family heaps. My Mum and brother and sister J were in Brisbane and had a little Christmas lunch for three, and my sister H was in Melbourne with her bf.

I think Christmas might be more exciting next year when Little Miss L will be a bit older.

C xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo