Thursday 19 January 2012

12wbt


So, last night I took a positive click for my health... I joined the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation (12wbt). It took me a while to get to that clicking point though... I'll tell you about it.


I had agreed to do the 12wbt with my friend L over New Years. She is currently going through Operation Wedding Body (OWB) for her August wedding, but I was talking myself out of doing it - a little because of the price, mostly because of *those* crazy fitness people. You know the ones. The ones that are all gym obsessed and bang on about how many kilometres they ran or how much iron they pumped or those people that get all perky and excessively motivated and love telling the world about it. Uggh. I did not want to be around those people and plus I thought I could do this weight loss thing by myself. I know what I have to do. I just have to do it!

But hang on a minute. Its nearly been a year since I had Miss L, and this extra weight is still hanging around. Maybe I do need some help? So when the Huggies Club email was sent through and they advised that Michelle Bridges had teamed up with them to bring a Mum specific 12wbt plan to the table, I had no more excuses. There was my answer to my excuses - just Mum's wanting to shed those baby kilos. That's what I wanted! Hooray!

So I clicked the button, spent my $199, and now I'm into the pre-season tasks (we don't kick off until 13 Feb). The first task was to introduce myself on the forum. Uggh. I did not want to do it. I had to introduce myself and talk about why I was there. That's exactly the type of thing I wanted to avoid, but I sucked it up and did it. Kept it short and sweet. Even got a reply from a Mum of 2 boys!

I think this program will be good for me. It will keep me honest and motivated, kind of like this blog kept me honest and motivated about the shopping ban.

Mish (that's Michelle's nickname coz we're best buddies now you know) has sent me an email today with my second pre-season task... She says it is a pretty powerful lesson she's going to teach me and she thinks I might have a few 'lightbulb moments'. 

Stay tuned for more updates on my 12wbt progress!

C xo

p.s. No more sneaking off to the biscuit tin for me! Ok, I'm joking. No, I am really. What do you mean Mish? No more biscuits??? Nooooooooooooooooo....

1 comment:

  1. Yay C! I'm very proud of you for taking the plunge. It will be great, and I'm sure that you won't turn into one of those exercise-obsessed people. L xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo