Thursday 18 August 2011

Dressing Your Age

Ok, so I know I'm not old or anything, but turning a year older this year meant leaving one decade of youthful exuberance behind and entering a new decade of, well, grown-upness (yes, I just did make up a word).

Gone are the carefree days of eating a second helping of chocolate cake without having the thought 'Will this go straight to my thighs?'... Now i'm in my 30's, I must be more responsible with my choices, and lately I have been thinking that this should also include my choice of clothing. It only dawned on me this week (6 months into my year of 30) that I may actually need to think about my style in a different light now. I'm 30! No longer 20-something. Can I wear a skirt that has a bow on it? Can I wear a pair of skinny jeans? Can I still wear a headband? These are all serious questions people.

For inspiration I looked no further than Gwyneth Paltrow... she's a busy 30-something mum of two, and has easy, effortless style that is easy to replicate. Skinny jeans, boyfriend blazers, simple, loose t-shirts, stunning dresses for night time glam... She dresses well for her age and looks trendy at the same time!

Google images

Google images

goop.com

goop.com

So, how do I dress for my age? I figure that if I keep it simple, use Gwyneth for inspiration, and don't shop at {insert teeny booper/loud music playing/ neon coloured clothing shop here} I should be fine. And as for the skirt with a bow, skinny jeans, and headband - I might sill give them a go.

C xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo