Monday 22 August 2011

I heart you MBFF

So, I channeled my inner Anna Wintour and attended the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Brisbane at Southbank on Saturday. It has become an annual event for my friend K and I. Last year we were fortunate enough to attend three live fashion parades, however this year we were less organised and could only get tickets to one show on Saturday night.

Source: MBFF.com.au


Firstly, our outfits. I decided to wear a dress and jacket that I bought in NY last year. The dress has 3/4 sleeves and a blue and black pattern. The jacket is navy blue and a princess style cut with an a-line skirt. I wore vintage navy blue suede heels that I bought at the Vintage Fashion Fair earlier this year. Refer to photos below (I forgot to take photos on the night so had to take some photos on Sunday morning - note Miss L lounging on our bed in the background!!!). My fashion partner in crime, K, was chic in black in a gorgeous black a-line dress she also bought overseas (in London if I'm correct), hot Nine West heels from NY and gorgeous vintage black accessories with gold accents (sorry, I didn't get a photo of K's outfit - I know, I know, but I'm still in the early phases of this blog stuff!).



Well, MBFF didn't disappoint. We managed to score front row seats right next to where the models walk out. We could see the beautiful detailing on all of the clothes, but also the spray tan smears and dodgy workmanship of added metal detailing on the models shoes that kept falling off and causing runway hazards (luckily there were no casualties). We were offered San Pellegrino drinks by European accented men whilst waiting for the show to start. We sipped our drinks and sussed out the fashion choices of our fellow Brisbane-ites, and marvelled over the raised and lit up runway (an improvement on last years black carpet runway). 

Dogstar's military punk and asymmetrical tailoring kicked off the show. We also saw Neon Heartache's cut out dresses in dark tones, flowy dresses from Talulah, Chasing Bow boutiques jumpsuits and dresses in abstract prints, and lastly Justine Davis' summer leather (yeah, we were a bit unsure about this too), flowy neon pleated maxi skirts, and crazy wonder woman style cuffs.  You can view photos of the designers runway shows here

And in a heartbeat, it was all over. Our glimpse into the glitz and glamour of fashion week in Brisbane was over for 2011... so off to the bar we went for one last champagne, a goss and some model spotting before going home.

Its great to see Brisbane keeping up with the fashionable times, holding a 'world class' event and showcasing some great Aussie (and Brisbane based) designers. I heart you MBFF. Until next year...

C xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo