Tuesday 6 March 2012

Budget fashionista

Have you noticed that it suddenly seems cool to be a budget fashionista?

I think this has been spurred on (in part) by big budget chain stores dishing out fashionable pieces at (very) affordable prices. The Mix Apparel range at Coles, the Emerson range at Big W, the increasingly more fashionable KMart range and the always on-trend Target.

via Big W

I remember when I was about 20 my hairdresser at the time (whom I thought was quite fashionable) proclaimed that she would never, ever buy any clothes from Big W because they were just so ugly. I hung my head in shame - I had always bought clothes (and shoes - gasp!) from Big W, because they were cheap and looked good, but mostly because I was a check-out chick at Big W and loved taking advantage of my 10% staff discount (cheap skate much?!!). I wonder what she would say now about the cool Emerson range with its preppy stripes, covetable coloured jeans, and cute shoe range?

via Big W

I for one am embracing the budget fashion chains, and always have. Its great to be able to pick up a cheap and cheerful piece that you know you will only wear for a couple of seasons.  In saying that though, I have plenty of chain store finds that I wear over and over again and I will never grow sick of them.

via Big W

I've currently got my eye on some cobalt blue loafers from Big W and an oversized knit top from Mix. I think they'd be the perfect additions to my autumn wardrobe.

Do you embrace the budget fashion brands?

C xo

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! If it looks good, suits your body shape and skin tone then brands are meaningless. I love a bit of Targe-ay (Target for snobs) and also the high street shops Paper Scissors and Temt. I am also obsessed with vintage shopping. I try to mix in something quality to make the whole outfit look expensive.

    L
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Big W hard core. I am currently wearing an Emerson striped top I bought last week (I wore it to work) & I am in love! Am going to check out their coloured jeans as was looking in Witchery this week & they were $130. Not sure can justify something so exxy that is a passing fad.

    Have also bought a tonne from the Mix range & it wears incredible well. I find K Mart to be atrocious quality after one wash so don't bother their anymore, even for the kids the items last one wash before looking hammered.

    OK I obviously have strong feelings about this topic given the essay I've written!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo