Friday 17 February 2012

Update from B Household

Its tough. And hard. And tiring. Phew... I'm exhausted. And I feel like I have no time. No time! Where does all the time go?

Work outfit
So, second week in to Operation Working Mum was less successful... only by way of me being completely and utterly tired last night and going to bed at 7:30pm(!!!) after a shocker of a night on Wednesday night with Miss L, who also had a shocker of a night last night AS WELL where she proceeded to wake me up at 9:00pm, 11:50pm, 2:00am, 4:00am and then finally deciding to get up at 5:30am. I know when she has nights like this that she is definitely sick. And so today started the excessive sneezing, blocked nose, and coughing. Poor little darling.


But otherwise, work itself is going great guns. I like the people there and we're having a team building/fun social outing next week (go-karting - eek!) which will be good. Which means Mr B will have to do the day care pick up, dinner, bath, bottle, bed routine with Miss L. That will be interesting!

What else has happened? It was my birthday last week on the 10th. I turned 31. Man, that sounds old. I had an excellent day which started with Mr B and Miss L giving me a Leona Edmiston voucher and my friend L sending me a hair donut. Awesome! Topped off with Miss L having an excellent morning nap. And then lunch with my friend A and her little boy (also my God Son) A.


Bright b'day outfit

Hair donut put to use - I suck at it!
 Mum came around that night and looked after Miss L so Mr B and I went out to dinner at the new(ish) River Bend development at South Bank. We went to an Italian restaurant called Popolo. Food was excellent. Cocktails were divine. View was spectacular! You must go!

The view from Popolo


I made Mr B some pecan pies/tarts for V Day in the sweet little heart tins that my friend A gave me for my birthday.


Oh, and this is my first week of Michelle Bridges 12WBT. So far so good. I didn't even eat one of those pecan tarts! The self-control is astounding! I lost 2 kgs in a matter of days. How is that possible? I'm not complaining, but seriously? How? I have a lot of sore muscles from the extra (and more intense) exercise I'm doing. But the food is really yummy, even Mr B says so and that's saying something (he is very picky). I've felt a little bit hungry in the afternoons, but have had a cup of tea or drink of water to fill me up and get me through to the next meal time. The program has been great to teach me meal/portion sizes.

So, there you go. How are you all? I miss blogging on a daily basis.

What's happening on the weekend? We're all off to our friends AA and RS's engagement party tomorrow arvo. Mr B and I are all smug and stuff because we played matchmaker about 5 or 6 years ago (who knows) and got A and R together. Yippee!

C xo

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hair donut! Did you try again, following my instructions this time? I hope they made sense! I'm no Zoe... What are you going to wear to the engagement party? Boo to Little L being sick :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo