Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Big One

Today Miss L turns 1. The big 1. I can't believe it. Where did the last year go? My little baby is now a toddler.

I remember the early days when she was stuck in hospital and I'd cry every time I left her and I wondered when I'd ever get to take her home.
This was when Mr B first met Miss L

And then when she was home, and she was still so tiny (and very cranky) and all I would do was feed her, change her, play with her for a bit and then put her to bed. It was a constant repetitive routine that lasted for what seemed like months. I remember wondering if it would ever end and being so exhausted and tired...

The first I saw of my baby was this photo

But we made it through. We survived the first year! Hooray!

We are having a small party for Miss L on Saturday and preparations are underway. But we HAD to have a cake today. The classic AWW number 1 cake in all its glory.




C xo


4 comments:

  1. What a long way you've both come in just a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent cake. I'm devo I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Miss L! I hope you and the hubs had a glass of something bubbly to celebrate getting through the past year. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!

    A - there will be more cake on the weekend. You can bet your life on it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo