Friday 4 May 2012

Because I don't have a.....

.... Because I don't have a penis. There I said it. Penis! (I can't believe I just said penis on my blog. I don't even know who I am anymore) Oh, and the reason why I'm finding it so hard to make friends at work... because I don't have a penis.

Uggh.

People are friendly towards me at work and stuff, but I've noticed this week since a new guy started that the boys are all over him. Loitering around his desk. Asking him to come and have coffee with them. Etc Etc. The boys are so matey with each other. They have 'stripey shirt days' where they all wear stripey shirts. Its a bit cute actually, how much they love each other.

Why aren't the girls like that? I put the question to Mr B. He claims it's because girls are territorial of their space and their 'girls' and don't like it when a new girl comes on the scene to potentially ruin all of that. I hope he's wrong.

It makes me all sad that I still don't have any proper friends at work. I've definitely made progress since February, but its hard going, especially only working 3 days a week.

I don't remember being like that with new girls in my old office on the Gold Coast... Hmmmpph.

Never fear, I will continue to whip out my best baking skills to wow everyone once again and give me at least a hint of a friendship in the office. Look what the boys made me - a trophy with the words 'Grand Ultimate #1 Super Baker - Cath's cuisine reigns supreme' - they even (temporarily) surrendered their cricket trophy for me. Bless them!



C xo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, C!! You are a fabulous baker! Re: guys making friends more easily, I think it's because girls expect more of a friend and out of a friendship than guys. For a guy to be friends with another guy, all it really takes is one common interest (e.g. football or wearing stripey shirts), but with girls, it runs so much deeper. I think it's because when girls see their friends, it's often about talking and catching up, whereas guys do activities and the talking is incidental.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you! C xo